Monday, October 26, 2009

Sevilla, Spain Oct. 19

October 19, 2009
Sunday morning we took the 3 hour train to Sevilla. We walked around town and saw the Gothic Cathedral where Christopher Colombus’ tomb is. It’s the biggest Gothic Cathedral in the world! It’s beautiful. We loved Sevilla because it definitely has a stronger Spanish culture. All the buildings are so cute and colorful! We liked it much better than Granada. One thing I’m loving about Spain is that they have chicken on their menus unlike Italy! At lunch Jillian bribed me to eat bell peppers which I never would have even tried before coming to Europe to study abroad. She said if I ate them she would buy me churros con chocolate! Of course I took her up on it! I even ended up liking the bell peppers! But the churros were even more amazing haha! You buy them then they give you a cup of hot chocolate to dip them in! I’ve also been drinking lots of coffee this trip! I never really loved it before coming abroad!

Later Sunday we went with a group from our hostel to a flamenco dancing show! Sevilla is the flamenco capital of the world! They took us off the beaten path to a dimly lit bar where we enjoyed sangria and an amazing flamenco performance. There was one guitar player, one singer and one dancer. It was so unique and beautiful!

Unfortunately I have barely been sleeping at all this trip because I have a cough that acts up when I lay down and the medicine hasn’t been doing the trick. It’s awful! It’s hard too because the hours in Spain are so odd because of the “Siesta” so no one even has dinner until 9pm at the very earliest.

Today we just roamed the city. We saw the Plaza de Espana and the Alcazar Palace where the royalty lived and continues to live. We people watched and had a relaxing day! There’s really not too much to do in Sevilla but it was wonderful to see! We are currently almost to Madrid where we’ll spend the next full two days. Lots to do there! Can’t wait!
Ciao!
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment